CCH Trial

The Forum is designed to enable patients and others concerned with lipoma to interact with each other.

Lipomas are benign fatty tumors that occur as bulges under the skin. Since the only proven therapy for lipomas is surgery , collagenase injection represents a potential minimally invasive approach for humans which may be a therapeutic advantage over the current options.
Forum rules
Discussions on virtually any aspect of lipomas are acceptable, however, please abide by the following guidelines.

Blatant commercial solicitations and advertisements will be deleted. Human Lipomas Patient Discussion Forum does not provide or endorse any medical advice.

Please note: The Forum is presented as a service to those affected by this disease. BioSpecifics Technologies can accept no responsibility for the accuracy, nor the content, of the information posted.

CCH Trial

Postby jcecchettini » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:49 pm

It was with great interest that I read the Wall Street Journal article (01/09/2014) regarding "Positive Top-line Data from Phase 2 Clinical Trial of CCH for the Treatment of Human Lipoma"

I am a layperson, but my husband suffers from Adiposis Dolorosa,, a rare syndrome in which the cardinal symptom is multiple, painful lipomas. The lipomas are "non-encapsulated and may contain excess connective tissue or are angiolipomas" (Dr. Karen L. Herbst, I would include her web address as well as an informative white paper, but as a new user, I am being restricted from posting hypelinks and no .pdf's are accepted)

I am wondering if the CCH trials conducted so far have been on "regular" (??) lipomas, or have there been any patients in the study with angiolipomas or multiplying painful lipomas, as best described by Dr. Herbst?

P.S. This syndrome has been named after the Dr. that first categorized it, but apparently, the doctor's name includes "bad words" that are not allowed on this site. This is also true for the word "doc*ment" which I also tried to include in this post, but contains the same bad word....... The site administrator may want to consider modifying this restriction to allow the free flow of conversation and ideas.
jcecchettini

Return to The Human Lipoma Discussion Forum