Future Trials

The Forum is designed to enable patients and others concerned with lipoma to interact with each other.

Lipomas are benign fatty tumors that occur as bulges under the skin. Since the only proven therapy for lipomas is surgery , collagenase injection represents a potential minimally invasive approach for humans which may be a therapeutic advantage over the current options.
Forum rules
Discussions on virtually any aspect of lipomas are acceptable, however, please abide by the following guidelines.

Blatant commercial solicitations and advertisements will be deleted. Human Lipomas Patient Discussion Forum does not provide or endorse any medical advice.

Please note: The Forum is presented as a service to those affected by this disease. BioSpecifics Technologies can accept no responsibility for the accuracy, nor the content, of the information posted.

Re: Future Trials

Postby jdjorge » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:59 pm

I would like more information on how one gets in the trials.
Have about 20 in the legs, torax, butt and arms (some of those are proeminents and one of those was said by the doctor has to taken off by surgery in a hospital because is underneath a muscle).
jdjorge

Postby popMYfat » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:04 pm

Aparantly if you are in NY or TN, this is where they are doing the trials. I just found a FB page called lipomaboard dot kom that was referring to this trial. (That's how I found this board)

I'm an American living in Thailand and my Lipomas have been growing bigger and more of them all the time. I don't really care too much what anyone thinks anymore as I found the first one when I was 14 but I'm lucky as most have stayed smaller than a grape (large grape). They're visibly on my arms, legs, ass, abdomen, and one near my lower spine. Some of them are painful and I have had two removed but my scars tend to keloid. I'm really hoping this treatment works as I don't want to have 50 scars all over my body. Join the FB page so we can start getting larger numbers together for our rare disease. (I feel special )

Stay strong and Thank you to the big drug comp for finding or at least looking for some possible cures. This really does stink! Thank you THANK YOU!
popMYfat

Postby mwilson » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:37 pm

I am also very interested in the trial. I live in the Philadelphia area. I have multiple lipomas in my arms, lower back, and thighs. Over the past fifteen years I have had two surgically removed from my back and one from my arm. I am in now approaching 50 hoping they will find an injection which will work to eliminate these unsightly fatty deposits. Glad to finally read you have some good news about treating lipomas without having to have them cut out which have left some nasty looking scars on my back.
mwilson

Previous

Return to The Human Lipoma Discussion Forum